Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

It's after midnight...

It's actually 1am mst as I start this post.  Funny I have cooked and baked a lot since my last post, but none of it has been caught on film.  I am trying to use less boxed meals so in all honesty I should have lots to report on, but I am just so caught up in trying to get dinner on the table I don't take the time to record my meals.  My favorite to date still is Zucchini Bread...a staple in the fall.  I made one full loaf and 5 mini loaves this time around. I need to take some pictures before my family consumes them all. I want to, next time I make this recipe, substitute in apple sauce and yogurt or sour cream instead of eggs and oil.  Trying to loss weight has greatly affected my eating...hence the divergence from boxed meals.  A couple days ago I was given a flat of tomatoes so it is time to hit the produce stand for peppers and make salsa.  My husband is already drooling.  I also have a GIANT zucchini begging to be shredded up for future bread making.  I am having a meet up with a high school friend I haven't seen since graduation this week and she's coming to get some apples.  Think both of us will be making apple butter this weekend and I also plan on some oh some yummy applesauce.  I love fall and it is time to start some fall cooking.  This lady is going to bed though because sometimes when it is after midnight, it is time to sleep rather than bake.

Stay tuned for my salsa recipe and my first attempt at apple butter and apple sauce.  Maybe I will use MY applesauce for the zucchini bread.  Splendid idea.

Oh and I have been repinned on pinterest for my Eggplant with Tomato and Avacado recipe.  It made me very happy to see someone want to try my recipe.  I hope she comes back to let me know how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment