Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

The kitchen ain't just for baking

I haven't been feeling well the last few weeks so really haven't felt like cooking anything blog worthy.  Lots of boxed mac-n-cheese as that is the littleman's favorite.  That is about the only thing I can remember cooking. 
I did make Pizza Casserole , which my son promptly refused to eat because he realized it wasn't actually pizza and Cucumber & Tomato Salad, which was a very refreshing side dish to the casserole, and a great way to use up the veggies we got from our neighbor (she's was so kind as to bring us more today).  Both I will be repeating but no pictures unless you want to see what's left in the fridge...that will be gone tomorrow.  My daughter the endless wonder couldn't get enough of the cucumbers or the tomatoes.  She's such a darling and sooo different from my son in the eating department.
As the post title states the kitchen ain't just for baking and cooking...it's for decorating!  I seldom have ideas of my own, I rely on blogs and pinterest to get my imaginative juices flowing so it was a welcome treat when I started putting the dishes away tonight.  I was putting the measuring cups in the drawer and thought, "I really dislike these in here, but where could they go?"  I looked up and a light bulb came on.  Over my range!!  I had just recently found our collection of cup hooks so off I went to find them and anything else I thought would help me get the job done.

 Before
It was sparse to say the least.  I love the cheese grader so it got to stay and the salt and pepper are up there only because my daughter won't stay off the table, which is where that cute little holder belongs.  With new homes I measured out where I wanted the hooks for the measuring cups and a couple other items I found that I loved and wanted to display. Yes that is 12:09 AM.

After
  

Pretty isn't it?  I want to eventually replace the range hood and the stove and the toaster (all our new appliances are steel), but for now this gives the area a little pick me up that was much needed.  I actually use these items quite a bit so it made sense to display them so that they were easy to access.

So there it is, cheap decorating.  I personally love this mini-makeover and it makes me smile when I walk in my kitchen...I won't show the other side with all the dirty dishes that makes my smile turn up side down. 


No comments:

Post a Comment